Tuesday, March 22, 2011

First Day...We made it to India

leaving for india
Early this morning we pulled in to our hotel in India, a little road weary, but very excited for what's ahead this week. In the afternoon we got out to pick up some supplies and also to catch some glimpses of the city and the people who live here. We met a little boy who lives on the street with his family. Even at the age of 5 or so his teeth are rotted out in the front. It was fun to get down at his level and look him in the eye and talk for a few minutes. I wonder if anyone has taken time lately to show him he's valuable.
handing out gum
chewing gum
We all had to pile in one rickshaw when Jen & Kelly's rickshaw ran out of gas. Here's a fun clip from inside our ride!

Tomorrow is a big day. We're heading out again to meet some families who live on the streets, to the Red Light District, and to HOGF children's home. We'd appreciate your prayers as we go!
Check back tomorrow for more.
Photos by Jen Price

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I miss India! Hope you have a great trip!

patti said...

I love the video! I am praying for all of you ladies!!

Chrys said...

Wish I was there!!! Love you guys and I will continue to pray!!

Unknown said...

We are praying for you all. Crissie we miss you alot. Please be safe and don't forget to put your armor on daily and remind the other women to also. Keep in touch and remember we love you. Go with God's protection and God Will Be Glorified. Love you, Mom

Unknown said...

Crissie,
Forgot to tell you how happy we are that you made it there safely. (not that we don't trust the Lord because we do) I just NEEDED to see you and know you are ok. Thank you Jesus. Let us know what it is like there. I had a picture in my mind that there were no cars or streets just dirt and huts, etc. So I was expecting something different than what I saw in the video. It should be a very interesting trip for you ladies. Just be careful and keep yourself in Gods hands and He will watch over you all. I Love you. Please send a picture of you or a message daily if possible so I can see you. Thank you.
ps...yes I know, I'm the worriesome mom but that's just me. My daughter is over in another country and I just feel better if I can see you. Love you, Me

Unknown said...

Praying for you guys! Love the video! :-)

Unknown said...

I am praying for you guys and am excited to see what is going to happen. I wish I could be there!!

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Best CD Rates