Friday, February 3, 2012

Update from Chennai

It's great to be back in Chennai again after about a year. Wonderful to see the children growing, changing and maturing. As I sat at Little Lights Home I remembered meeting the children at this shelter over four years ago for the very first time. They were little, and they were wild. One boy named Joe had just been rescued from a life of being chained up to a tree like a dog while his parents (lepers) begged each day. When we arrived this time he calmly smiled a big smile and came & sat beside me and shyly reached for my hand. What a change in him! So thankful to be a part of that change. We talked about the "Not Forgotten" team that came with me from Life Church a little over a year ago. There were big smiles as we reminisced about that time. That message continues to have a huge impact on them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Best CD Rates